Simple Layering In Spring
If you live in a warm climate like I do, you may find it impossible to rock the layering style that is so popular and essential in cold countries. While there are definitely limitations, I like to think of ways to layer my outfits whenever I am in the mood.
Wearing overalls or dungarees is a good way to layer during Spring and Summer which I did on a previous occasion in this post, “How To Look Classy In A Shortall Overall“. In today’s outfit, I wanted to try something new to me – layering a spaghetti strap dress over a basic black tee. To add on to the fun and vibrant vibe of the outfit, I decided to match it with a pair of color-block heels, cute round-frame Marc by Marc Jacobs sunnies (win a pair in our latest Giveaway!) and my newly purchased lip clutch bag (find out where you can buy a similar one in this Save Or Splurge post).
There are several other ways to layer in hot weather which you can find in this post, “9 Ways to Layer When It’s Hot as Hell Outside“. To break it down, here are the various methods to do so based on this article-
1) Layer sheer pieces over opaque ones
2) Look for outerwear that’s loose and drapey, but with a structured shoulder
3) Ditch the sleeves (e.g go for sleeveless vest)
4) Slip on a sheer kimono jacket
5) Use color and print-blocking to create the illusion of layering
6) Layer accessories instead of clothes
7) Show off your bralette or bikini under loose, open tops
8) Look for clothes that do the layering for you
9) Give shorteralls a chance
Thank you for reading and see you later.